STOP THE TRAFFIK

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

A Miracle

Here is an update on Amber from her sister, Natalie :

WOW....that's all I can say, after just returning home from spending the day with Amber. It's been less than a week since my last visit and she's improved so much. I'm completely in awe of God and His goodness!

Yesterday Amber received a smaller tube in her trech, making her voice audible. But today I was expecting to hear only a faint "robotic" type voice that this usually makes. However when Hilly and I walked in Amber said "Hey guys!" -- in her own beautiful voice! I was amazed. Thank you Jesus! She's much more peaceful and happy because she's able to communicate. :)

She was chatting away all day and performed well in all her therapy sessions showing great improvement. The speech therapist pointed to me and said "who's that?" Amber replied "That's Natalie Hopper, she's Christopher's sister." She then answered similarly about Hillary and then added "they're really MY sisters, though." Later on she stood on bent knees for 20 seconds!!! She is now having some feeling in her right arm/hand, and moved them yesterday and today! Her humor and sarcasm is definitely all there, she joked around with us and even remembered "inside jokes"....she kept us laughing a lot, all day.

Amber's short-term memory is really jumbled and she has trouble remembering what happened just the day before. But her long-term memory is all there (she even was showing Hilly how to work her digital camera). She was never at a loss for words or lacking in her vocabulary throughout the day. Her Dad has asked for her to be taken off of the Ritalin drug, as this is causing a lot of side affects.

They are still only letting family visit Amber, for various reasons. Please continue to pray for the large tumor at the nape of her neck that it would heal -- it is inoperable at this time because she's so fresh from a brain injury.

Lastly, one of the nurses (who's a Christian) from Strong came to visit Amber today at her new hospital. She was totally in shock at her progress. She said "I've seen all of Amber's catscans -- she's supposed to be a vegetable. My friend was on duty for ten hours the night of Amber's accident. He said that people come in with internal injuries and guts open and they can fix that. But brains can't be fixed -- they don't just heal up." Well apparently -- they do!! Praise you Jesus!

Thank you all for praying for Amber's complete healing! I told her again today how many people love her and are praying for her and she said "will you please thank the ones that you know, Natty? Tell them I love them."

"Oh that men would praise the Lord for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!"
-Psalms 107:21


Please continue to pray that God will completly heal Amber.

Today I got a call back from The Depot, a new club/concert venue next to The Gateway Mall in downtown S.L.C. I have called them a couple of times in the past week to see if they are hiring Security. Today Scott called me to set up an interview on Friday.

Tonight Patience picked me up after work and we went to a Bible study group at Kim and Ryan's house. Kim and Ryan also go to church at Calvary Chapel. It's been a long time since I've been to a Bible study. It was good to have that Christian fellowship that has been missing in my life for a long time. It was also good getting to know Patience better. I am grateful that God has brought her into my life.

No comments: