STOP THE TRAFFIK

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Good Samaritan

Yesterday after leaving work, I noticed that my blinker wasn't working. I called the salesman from Menlove Dodge Toyota, James "The Professor" Montoya, and told him that my blinker wasn't working. He told me to call the main Menlove number in the morning to schedule a time to get it fixed.

On the way home I took highway I-215 West. I was in the far left lane and I noticed a car on the right shoulder with it's hazard lights on. I got off at the next exit, got back on the highway going east, got off at the next exit, and got back on going west again so I could see if the driver of that vehicle needed help. As I was getting close to where the car was pulled over, I started thinking about their hazard lights, and this reminded me of going to the bank earlier in the day.

Earlier in the day, after buying my car and before going to work, I stopped by my bank, Washington Mutual, to go to the ATM. I pulled up to the loading zone (parking is not plentiful downtown) and threw on my hazard lights. When I got back in the car, I forgot that I had turned on my hazard lights because they weren't blinking.

Back to my story - I pulled up behind the car (safest option because your headlights let you see what is going on in the car). I noticed that no one was in the car so I headed home. Then I "turned off" my hazard lights. My blinker worked after my headlights were "turned off". So that is why my blinker wasn't working - because my hazard lights were "on". So my being concerned about another person helped me figure out why my blinker wasn't working! :) That's the good news. The bad news is that my hazard lights are broken. :( Guess I'll just have to go get them fixed next week.

No comments: