Tonight GoodGame is having a LAN party sponsored by UtahLANParty.com. They have a LAN Party every month at GoodGame. JakeTheGamer, the head honcho of Utah LAN Party, also "works" at GoodGame. He's a pretty cool guy. I get along with him better than any of the other employees at GoodGame - probably, in part, due to the fact that we both have the same smart-a** sense of humor. We had a good turn-out for this LAN.
I'm going to start working Security at The Filling Station on Thursday. My friend Simeon, who used to work with me at Natalie's, is the Head of Security there. I will probably be working there every Thursday, Friday, & Saturday. I also have an interview at the Circle Lounge on Tuesday. I'm not sure which job I want. I guess I'll make that decision after my interview on Tuesday.
Saturday, June 25, 2005
Last night I went to the Chingy concert @ Club Manhattan. It was O.K. The turnout wasn't very good. When they had the Snoop Dogg After Party there Snoop Dogg didn't show up even though he had been paid in advance. This hurt Club Manhattan's reputation because a lot of people felt like they had been "ripped off". They paid $20 for regular admission and $35 for V.I.P. admission and then Snoop Dogg didn't even show up. Hopefully when people spread the word that Chingy showed up and performed that will help their reputation. Their reputation has also been hurt by the big fights they used to have there. They haven't had any big fights in a while, but it takes a long time to lose that reputation. They also get a lot of the thug/wanksta crowd in there so a lot of people don't want to go there. By the way, you should go check out Anti-Thug.com (I like their T-Shirts). You can also get a Anti-Thug Life T-Shirt at the Spitkicker store.
Wednesday, June 22, 2005
I talked to an Army recruiter yesterday about joining the Army. When I was 17 I tried to join the Navy. When I was 19 I tried to join the Marines. I was physically disqualified both times because I have minor scoliosis (which has never given me any problems) and I was born with two fused vertebrae in my neck. I requested my medical records from the hospital in Florida that took the x-rays of my back when I was a teenager. Those medical records should arrive at the recruiting office in a week or two. Then I'll go to MEPS and if I am accepted I will be joining the Army.
Friday, June 17, 2005
My friend Mandy forwarded this to me in an email:
When You're Running Behind...
After Sept. 11th, one company invited the remaining members of other companies who had been decimated by the attack on the Twin Towers to share their available office space. At a morning meeting, the head of security told stories of why these people were alive... and all the stories were just: The "LITTLE" Things:
- As you might know, the head of the company survived that day because his son started kindergarten.
- Another fellow was alive because it was his turn to bring donuts.
- One woman was late because her alarm clock didn't go off in time.
- One was late because of being stuck on the NJ Turnpike because of an auto accident.
- One of them missed his bus.
- One spilled food on her clothes and had to take time to change.
- One's car wouldn't start.
- One went back to answer the telephone.
- One had a child that dawdled and didn't get ready as soon as he should have.
- One couldn't get a taxi.
- The one that struck me was the man who put on a new pair of shoes that morning, took the various means to get to work but before he got there, he developed a blister on his foot. He stopped at a drugstore to buy a Band-Aid. That is why he is alive today.
Saturday, June 11, 2005
John and I saw High Tension last night at the Megaplex 12. We were going to see The Longest Yard, but he was late picking me up because he was eating dinner with his wife to celebrate her birthday (her birthday was Thursday). We didn't get to the movie theater in time to see The Longest Yard so we saw High Tension instead. I rate it 1 star (out of 5 stars). Half of the movie was in French with English subtitles. I don't mind subtitles in a good movie (like Ong-Bak: The Thai Warrior), but in a crappy movie like this it was irritating. This horror movie wasn't scary and the story didn't make sense. I'm planning on seeing Batman Begins when it comes out on Wednesday.
Tuesday, June 07, 2005
Saturday night I quit working at Players. Phil was riding my a** all night and I'd had enough of it. Sunday afternoon Cody and I saw Lords of Dogtown at the Century 16 at 3:55 P.M. I rate it 3 (out of 5) stars. It was a pretty negative movie. It focused on how the Z-Boys got torn apart by different sponsors. I still want to see Unleashed before it leaves theaters.
Friday, June 03, 2005
Here's what's going on with me:
- I'm back in Salt Lake City. My full-time Personal Protection Assignment turned out to be part-time. Expenses were paid for but I didn't get paid anything so I came back.
- I'm working at Players again on Tuesdays & Saturdays. I'm also on-call at Club Manhattan for Friday nights.
- I'm volunteering at GoodGame Online Gaming Center.
- I'm looking for a day job. I've also applied for some nanny jobs through a few nanny websites. I babysat a lot when I was 12-17 years old. I was a live-in nanny for a few months when I was 18. (I went from babysitting kids to babysitting adults).