STOP THE TRAFFIK

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Dorothy

Dorothy is one of the Q.A. Agents (Q.A. = Quality Assurance - they're sort of like the Internal Affairs of Teleperformance) at my work. Earlier this week we were sitting next to each other at lunch and I found out that she is a Christian. She's had a rough week because as a Q.A. Agent, she isn't supposed to associate with her co-workers because she'll "lose her objectivity". She is a friendly person so this has been hard for her to deal with. I've prayed for her and given her encouragement throughout the week. Yesterday I suggested that she read Philippians 4:4-7. Reading it cheered her up.

Yesterday afternoon I called Scott, the Assistant Manager at The Depot, to see if I could come in after work for an interview instead of waiting until Friday. He said yes, so after work I went down there for an interview. The interview went well so I should get a call in the next week from Mark, the General Manager, for a second interview. They seem to have their act together and their average starting pay is higher than most clubs so hopefully I'll get hired there.

After the interview I went to the Megaplex 12 at the Gateway Mall and saw Underworld: Evolution. I rate it 4 (out of 5) stars. I'm not a big fan of horror movies, but it had a good plot and I like Kate Beckinsale. I still want to see Fun with Dick and Jane, The New World, and Glory Road. I'm looking forward to seeing Firewall, Freedomland, Ultraviolet, and 16 Blocks.

Today when I got to work, Dorothy came and told me that she had a funny story. She told me that her alarm clock is set to a Christian radio station. This morning, while she was laying there with her husband, the guy on the Christian radio said that if you are feeling distressed that you should read Philippians 4:4-7! She started laughing and her husband asked her what was so funny, so she explained that I had suggested the same verses the day before. :)

I have added a few blogs to the "Brothers & Sisters in Christ (Christians)" section of my links on the right side of this blog. I've added blogs by J.M. McCarter, Jason & Kris, Chris, and Richard. Don't forget about Michael, Arnold, and Muddy. Tomorrow morning I am getting my first car!

No comments: