STOP THE TRAFFIK

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Working the 2005 U-92 Summer Jam

On Saturday I worked Security for the V.I.P. Tour Bus backstage at the 2005 U-92 Summer Jam at the Utah State Fairpark. This year's U-92 Summer Jam featured the Ying Yang Twins, Bone Thugs & Harmony, Tech N9ne, NB Ridaz, Lil’ Rob, DJ Quik, Ebony Eyez, and Owee. I was working for Gil Medina, the promoter. The V.I.P. area was set up backstage. There was a tour bus set up backstage for a few select V.I.P.s and the artists. I was responsible for making sure that only those select V.I.P.s and the artists got on the bus. I didn't see much of the concert but I saw most of the artists up close.

I ran into two ladies that recognized me because 8 years ago when I was doing security for concerts I saved them from getting crushed in the crowd at a concert at Saltair. It felt good to know that someone appreciated the job I do. I invited them to the After-Party which was at Room 32. Tech N9ne came to the After-Party and I helped do security for him. It was a long day but I enjoyed working and I got paid so it was a good day.

No comments: