STOP THE TRAFFIK

Monday, November 01, 2004

Working the U92 Halloween Player's Ball with Tech N9ne @ Club Vortex

Last night Gil Medina (the promoter for the U92 Halloween Player's Ball with Tech N9ne @ Club Vortex) called me at 5:30 to ask if I wanted to work the door (Security) at his show at 6:30. I said "Sure". He wanted me to call my boy Rashad to get him to work too. I called someone to close for me at GoodGame (my day job) and called Rashad. He picked me up from GoodGame and we went to Club Vortex. Gil put Rashad on the 21 and up door and me on the 18-20 door. I was basically there to make sure everyone behaved. Only one guy got attitude and that ended after I gave him a verbal attitude adjustment ("You can relax or you can leave."). Gil's sister sold tickets and another guy took the tickets (some people had bought tickets through Smith's Tix).

We closed the doors at 12:00 A.M. After we closed the doors I went inside and kept an eye on Katrina. (Katrina is Shnicka's little sister. Shnicka is in the group Expression with my roommate, Lam.) Some anorexic crackhead tried to start a fight with her. I told her to go away and she did. After the show was over I walked Katrina to her car. Then I found Tiffany (she owns Redlight Music; she brought 2 Live Crew, E-40, and Bubba Sparxxx to Utah this year) and went to hang out with Kutt Calhoun (he performed at the show too). He's a cool guy. After hanging out with Kutt we went over to Los's house (he's a popular D.J. here in Utah). I got home around 5:00 A.M.

The "Moron of the Night" Award went to some dumbass who ripped Guerilla Black's chain from his neck (Guerilla Black also performed at the show).
Three reasons why this was a BAD idea:
  1. Guerilla Black is not small (he has been compared to The Notorious B.I.G.). Pissing off BIG guys is bad for your health.
  2. Guerilla Black has bodyguards. Pissing off bodyguards is bad for your health.
  3. There were a half dozen bored bouncers waiting for someone to pounce on. Pissing off bouncers is also bad for your health.
This guy was removed from the building and I can guarantee that he did not enjoy the trip.

No comments: