- More money - I will definitely be making more than the $9/hr I am making now.
- More fulfilling - I know that God has me here for a reason - to protect people. As the Security Manager of a club, I would be fulfilling my purpose.
- More enjoyable - I would definitely enjoy working as the Security Manager of a club more than working at a call center.
Here are some reasons why I don't want to or maybe shouldn't take the Security Manager job:
- Previous experience says I probably shouldn't take the Security Manager job. The last time I worked for Phil, at Players, I was owed $600 when the club was foreclosed on. I still haven't been paid any of that. Also, his appreciation of the work I do goes up and down like a roller coaster. Some days he treats me like I'm his best employee (which I am); other days he treats me like I'm his worst employee.
- More stress - right now I just show up to work and do my job. Although I do have a supervisor, I don't interact with him very much. I just sit at my desk and do my job. It's an easy, boring, laid-back job.
- More responsibility - although I am a control freak to a certain extent (I don't like to control people, but I do like to be in control af any given situation, which sometimes requires telling people what to do), I won't necessarily enjoy being responsible for the mistakes of the people that I have authority over.
- Phil wants to pay the Bouncers that I'll be hiring $8-10. This is the average pay at most clubs in Utah, but you get what you pay for. Although I might be able to convince some good Bouncers to come work for $10/hour, I'll mostly be stuck with $8/hr Bouncers.
A third option is to look for a job somewhere else. I have kept this job at Teleperformance for 4 months now, but maybe it's time to move on. I'm comfortable where I'm at, but that's not necessarily a good thing. I'll have to pray about it.
Sunday night, Phil, John, and I saw Lucky Number Slevin at the Cinemark 24 at Jordan Landing. I give it a B- (I've decided to switch to the A, B, C, D, F rating system because it allows for 15 ratings instead of the 10 ratings in the 5 star rating system). It was predictable but still a good movie. I'm looking forward to seeing The Sentinel, United 93, Mission: Impossible III, and X-Men: The Last Stand.
Sunday I will be doing voluntary Security for Easter at the "E". Easter at the "E" is a resurrection Sunday service hosted by my church, Calvary Chapel S.L.C., that is open to the public. Ginny Owens will be performing at this free event.