STOP THE TRAFFIK

Monday, January 10, 2005

A Tender Heart

In 1993 I moved to upstate New York to live with my mom (My parents got divorced when I was 3 years old. I lived with my dad until 1993, when I was 17). So for the last half of my Senior year of High School I went to King's Way Christian Academy, the private school that was in the same building as the Baptist church that we went to, Central Baptist Church. My mom taught 2nd & 3rd grade there. During one of my free periods, I would do P.E. (Physical Education) for my mom's class. I took the pastor's wife's class, the Kindergarten and 1st grade kids, to P.E. during my other free period. I also played with them before and after school. I loved those kids. During my graduation speech, I talked about how I loved the kids and I was going to miss them.

A few months ago, my mom sent me a letter that Brother Jeff Smith, a member of our church, had sent to me after I graduated. Here it is:

June 16, 1993

Dear Bro. Andrew,

Thought I would drop you a quick line of congratulations again on graduating from High School. I appreciate the testimony you gave when you recieved your diploma. The Lord has bleesed you with a tender heart Andrew and you might not understand the benefits of having a tender heart right now. But I can guarantee you one thing, you keep Jesus first and foremost in your life, you keep your heart and life right before God and one day you'll really appreciate the tender heart God has blessed you with. The world will try and harden you if you allow it to and if you let it, it will be one of the biggest mistakes you may ever make.

God bless you Andrew as you endeavor to serve the Lord. Shelly, I and the kids will be praying for you, hang in there with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sincerely your friends and co-laborers,
Bro. Jeff Smith and Family
1 Thess 2:12


I am happy to say that I haven't let the world harden my heart. I am glad that God has blessed me with a tender heart and I'll never let anyone harden it!

No comments: