STOP THE TRAFFIK

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

"The Five People You Meet in Heaven" by Mitch Albom

Last week I finished reading The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom. My brother sent it to me for Christmas (thanks, Peter). It was on my Wish List at Amazon.com. I rate this book 4 out of 5 stars. Here is an excerpt that sums up the book:
"There are five people you meet in heaven," the Blue Man suddenly said. "Each of us was in your life for a reason. You may not have known the reason at the time, and that is what heaven is for. For understandingyour life on earth."

Eddie looked confused.

"People think of heaven as a paradise garden, a place where they can float on clouds and laze in rivers and mountains. But scenery without solace is meaningless."

"This is the greatest gift God can give you: to understand what happened in your life. To have it explained. It is the peace you have been searching for."

Eddie coughed, trying to bring up his voice. He was tired of being silent.

"I am your first person, Edward. When I died, my life was illuminated by five others, and then I came here to wait for you, to stand in your line, to tell you my story, which becomes part of yours. There will be others for you too. Some you knew, maybe some you didn't. But they all crossed your path before they died. And they altered it forever."

No comments: